Re: SQLSTATE again - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: SQLSTATE again
Date
List pgsql-patches
This patch is has been removed from the patch queue for the following
reason:

This patch is not ready to be applied -- we're waiting for Pavel to
submit a revised version with the semantics described here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-06/msg00017.php

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> I changed implementation of SQLSTATE from block scope variables on
> function scope variables. I am not sure if it's moust elegant solution,
> but is very similar Oracle behavior (there is session scope variable)
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ff() RETURNS void AS $$
> BEGIN
>   RAISE NOTICE 'No exception: % %', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
>   DECLARE x integer;
>   BEGIN
>     x := 10/0;
>     EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN
>     BEGIN
>       RAISE NOTICE 'Div: % %', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
>         BEGIN
>           RAISE NOTICE 'Div2: % %', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
>           RAISE EXCEPTION 'My user exception';
>         EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN
>           RAISE NOTICE 'User: % %', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
>         END;
>         RAISE NOTICE '1: % %', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
>     END;
>     RAISE NOTICE '2: % %', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
>   END;
>   RAISE NOTICE '3: % %', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
> END;
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
> select ff();
>

> NOTICE:  No exception: 00000 Successful completion
> NOTICE:  Div: 22012 division by zero
> NOTICE:  Div2: 22012 division by zero
> NOTICE:  User: P0001 My user exception
> NOTICE:  1: 00000 Successful completion