Re: Stats not getting updated.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Himanshu Baweja
Subject Re: Stats not getting updated....
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> backends only ship stats to the collector at transaction commit.
> Or maybe it's at the end of processing a client command. It's certainly
> not continuous.

yup that i already know....
but is there any way to make it do the update more frequently.... 4 times in 30 mins... which makes the stats useless....

or there is any way to identify the usage of tables... wht i am trying to do is check the table heap_blks_read time to time.... so that i can know how much io is getting used for each table... and during which time... i am doing sampling every 2 min....

now after i have identified which tables are getting used and when... we can move them to diff partitions for better preformance.....

is there any way to know the table usage....

thx
Himanshu

Do you Yahoo!?