Re: Moving pg_xlog - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Himanshu Baweja
Subject Re: Moving pg_xlog
Date
List pgsql-performance
My database has two scsi disks....
my current configuration has pg_xlog on disk1 and data on disk2....
the machine is used for database only....
now did some logging and came to a conclusion that my disk2(data disk) is getting used around 3 times more than disk1(pg_xlog)....

so wht is recommended... move some of the data to disk1 so that both disks are equally used... by creating tablespaces or let my configuration be whts its currently... iowait is one of the bottlenecks in my application performance.....

thx
Himanshu