Re: psql backslash consistency - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: psql backslash consistency
Date
List pgsql-patches
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
[ There is text before PGP section. ]

> > Could we have a way to turn this off?  At least for functions and
> > operators?  For my usage, at least, this will be a serious step
> > backwards in usefulness
>
> But all we are asking is that you add a single letter ('S') to your
> queries. There are probably only a handful of people besides yourself
> who use \df to look up system functions, while the other 99% of the world
> would benefit greatly from being able to do a \df and see their functions,
> as opposed to doing "\df public.*" (which won't work of course if you have
> your functions in other schemas).

I am thinking we need a non-system modifier like U (user) that will only
show only user functions, operators, etc.  With that, we can default the
backslash commands to be the most convenient default, and it can be
over-ridden.