Re: relocation error-urgent - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: relocation error-urgent
Date
List pgsql-general
Nageshwar Rao wrote:
> I have postgresql7.4.6 runing . I am not able to log into database
> using psql and also  tried to create new database using createdb but
> getting the following error for both
>
> psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname
>
> createdb: relocation error: createdb: undefined symbol: get_progname

It seems you are mixing programs and libraries from different
installations.  Try with ldd or some analogous program to determine
which libpq library the programs are actually using and check if that
is the right version.

--
Peter Eisentraut