Re: pgsql: Add PL/pgSQL SQLSTATE and SQLERRM support which sets these values - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgsql: Add PL/pgSQL SQLSTATE and SQLERRM support which sets these values
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I suggest that what we should do is define SQLSTATE and SQLERRM
> similarly to FOUND: they are procedure-local variables that are
> assigned to by an occurrence of an error.  I'd be inclined to make
> them start out NULL, too, not 00000/"Successful completion".

Does Oracle support GET DIAGNOSTICS?  If so, couldn't we just use that?
I can't see what good will become of making any slightly useful
information become available as magic variables of some kind.

--
Peter Eisentraut