Re: [despammed] Balance Calculation - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: [despammed] Balance Calculation
Date
List pgsql-sql
am  22.05.2005, um 10:17:53 +0200 mailte Andreas Kretschmer folgendes:
> > can you help me how to fix them.
> > Can I using function to fix them (how?)
>
> It is possible to create a extra table for the balance and a trigger for
> insert/update that calculates the balance for the transactions-table?
>

> I think, this should solve your perfomance-problem.

Sorry, this is not the solution for your problem, because this provide
only the actual balance for a single account, but not the history.

Mmh...

A extra table with the oid and the balance for every row in
transactions. Then you can do a index scan, but you need also a trigger
that insert every transaction in this table and calculate the balance.

Regards
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639