Re: patches for items from TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: patches for items from TODO list
Date
Re: patches for items from TODO list  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Re: patches for items from TODO list  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

> - The COPY -> XML transformation is trivial -- it would be easy for
> clients to roll their own. At the same time, there is no standard or
> canonical XML representation for COPY output, and I can easily imagine
> different clients needing different representations. So there is limited
> value in providing a single, inflexible backend implementation.

I'm going to second Neil here.   This feature becomes useful *only* when there
is a certified or de-facto universal standard XML representation for database
data.   Then I could see a case for it.  But there isn't.

Feel free to throw it on pgFoundry, though.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions