Re: BUG #1675: very slow work - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: BUG #1675: very slow work
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 01:27:17PM +0100, Dimitar wrote:

> Posgre works slower on Wndows than on Linux. We worked previously with
> Posgre on Linux and it's over 100 times faster than Windows.

Could you provide more information about what you're doing?  Are
you running comparable queries against a comparable data set on
comparable hardware with a comparable database configuration?  Have
you vacuumed and analyzed the database?  Could you post the EXPLAIN
ANALYZE output from an example query that's 100 times faster on
Linux?  If you still have a Linux system then please post the EXPLAIN
ANALYZE output from both systems so we can see the difference.

This thread might be more appropriate in pgsql-performance until
there's more evidence that the performance difference is indeed a
PostgreSQL bug and that other possibilities have been investigated
and ruled out.

BTW, it's "PostgreSQL" or "Postgres", not "Posgre".

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/