Re: Image storage questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed L.
Subject Re: Image storage questions
Date
Re: Image storage questions
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday May 18 2005 2:40 pm, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Ed L. wrote:
> > On Wednesday May 18 2005 2:10 pm, Ed L. wrote:
> >>What are the tradeoffs of storing images as bytea vs blobs?
> >
> > Actually, I see you can't store/retrieve blobs remotely,
> > which is a non-starter.
>
> Sure you can. We do it all the time. What language are you
> using that doesn't let you do it?

I was following this:

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/books/aw_pgsql/node96.html

"Because large objects use the local filesystem, users connecting
over a network cannot use lo_import or lo_export()."

Confirmed using psql.

What api/language are you using?  Is this possible to do through
DBI?  If you don't use lo_import/lo_export, how do you
insert/retrieve images?  Pointers to docs are welcomed!

Thanks,
Ed