Re: Does Postgresql have a similar pseudo-column "ROWNUM" as - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Does Postgresql have a similar pseudo-column "ROWNUM" as
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 03:43:32PM -0300, Alain wrote:

> I tried using both the name and the primary key (with a combined index),
> to get faster to the record I want, but I was not sucessfull in building
> a where clause.
>
> I would appreciate any help, in fact this is my primary reason for
> joining this list ;-)

Well, then, table schemas, data distribution, EXPLAIN and EXPLAIN
ANALYSE output, and some statement of what you're trying to get out
is likely what we need to see.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.     --Dennis Ritchie