Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 17 May 2005, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Last time it came up I thought the problem was that there was not a
> consensus on *which* bugtracker to use.

The key requirement that has always come up is that the core developers
wouldn't use anything web based, so the tracker would have to somehow tie
into the mailing lists themselves ...

> Bug tracking systems are used to track more than just bugs ... they are
> often used to track enhancements, support requests, and other tasks.
> GForge (and hence pgfoundry) provides each project by default with
> several trackers, one for each of these classes. But then, as a
> pgfoundry admin you know that, right? :-)

Again, it comes down to who will maintain it?  I believe that Bruce has
already stated that he hasn't got the time/desire to do much more then his
current TODO lists, Tom has stated a lack of desire to use a web-based
tracking tool ... so we'd need to find someone with the time to act as
intermediary to update things accordingly ...

... and I think *that* is probably one of hte major show stoppers ...

----