Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Date
Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/18/05, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:

> The key requirement that has always come up is that the core developers
> wouldn't use anything web based, so the tracker would have to somehow tie
> into the mailing lists themselves ...

What's the basis of this objection to a web-based dev management
system?  Seems like web-based makes plenty of sense for a physically
disparate development community like this one.

It also seems that, once you get it up and running, any worthwhile dev
management system is going to actually take less time / effort to
maintain than, say, maintaining manually concocted todo lists and
coordinating development via a mailing list.

Call me a normaliser, but even if the maintenance cost is higher, I
think it's worth it to have a centralised, authoratitive, organised
repository for dev task data.