Re: New Chinese FAQ - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: New Chinese FAQ
Date
List pgsql-www
Weiping wrote:
> ok, I'll fix the html tag problem ASAP.

I fixed the tag problem and it now verifies fine:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwwwmaster.postgresql.org%2Fdocs%2Ffaqs.FAQ_chinese.html&charset=gb2312+%28Chinese%2C+simplified%29

The only problem reported is that it says the encoding is incorrect for
a large number of lines.  The above encoding forces it to be gb2312.  If
I make it Unicode I get even more failures.  However, I remember iconv
doing the conversion to UTF8 just fine, so maybe something is wrong with
how we are validating it.

Anyway, the HTML is OK so it seems we just have encoding issue now.
The current version in CVS is all fixed up so please submit updates
based on that version.  Thanks.