Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load

From: Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Cosimo Streppone, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Matthew T. O'Connor", )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Thomas F. O'Connell", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Steve Poe, )

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 05:45:45PM +0300, Mindaugas Riauba wrote:
>   But there's no checkpoint warnings in serverlog. And btw we are running
> with fsync=off (yes I know the consequences).

Just a note here; since you have battery-backed hardware cache, you
probably won't notice that much of a slowdown with fsync=on. However, you are
already pushed, so... :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/