Re: patches for items from TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: patches for items from TODO list
Date
Re: patches for items from TODO list  ("Sergey Ten" <sergey@sourcelabs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Sergey Ten wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We would like to contribute to the Postgresql community by implementing
> the following items from the TODO list
> (http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php):
> . Allow COPY to understand \x as a hex byte . Allow COPY to optionally
> include column headings in the first line . Add XML output to COPY
>
> The changes are straightforward and include implementation of the
> features as well as modification of the regression tests and documentation.
>
> Before sending a diff file with the changes, we would like to know if
> these features have been already implemented.

Please check the web site version.  Someone has already implemented
"Allow COPY to optionally include column headings in the first line".

As far as XML, there has been discussion on where that should be done?
In the backend, libpq, or psql.  It will need discussion on hackers.  I
assume you have read the developer's FAQ too.

Pennsylvania19073