Re: Oracle Style packages on postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Oracle Style packages on postgres
Date
Re: Oracle Style packages on postgres  (Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com>)
Re: Oracle Style packages on postgres  (Daniel Schuchardt <daniel_schuchardt@web.de>)
Re: Oracle Style packages on postgres  ("Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> B-
>
> > Just saying "we need Oracle packages" doesn't make it happen. ?I have
> > followed the discussion and I still don't have a clear idea of the exact
> > additions that people want, and without that, nothing is likely to
> > happen. ?I don't even have something for the TODO list at this point.
>
> That's what I'm trying to help define.
>
> I think that private variables and private functions need to be part of the
> definition.

OK, so it seems we need:
C static/private functions for schemasC static/private variables for schemas

Are private variables implemented via the temporary per-session schema?
nested schemas

What does the standard say?

Is that it?

Pennsylvania19073