Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Dave Page wrote:

> - Who/how will the release processes for all these seperate projects be
> coordinated?

Who does now?  As far as I know, PLs or contrib files *aren't* tested by
the regression tests, so, at best, they are getting 'spotty testing' right
now when we release ... we know they build, that's it.  And that won't
change before/after ... Andrew is looking to add PL testing to the build
farm, something that isn't done now ...

> - How will users be sure that the external projects are of the quality
> we expect of PostgreSQL?

Again, how are they sure now?

If you are referring to my thought to include stuff like JDBC or libpqxx,
then as I've already stated, it will be their responsibility to work with
us if they want to be included ... if we are ready to release 8.1, and
they don't set down a 8.1 tag that we can 'pull from', they won't be
included in that release ... we're not going to chase them down ...

----