Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Robert Treat wrote:

>>> Agreed.
>>
>> 'k, if there are no disagreements ...
>
> A big reason I wanted plphp in the main souce was because I wanted it to be
> part of the core package to help ease installation to be just one download
> and one run at configure.  I have marvel at the irony that not only is this
> not going to happen, I will actually now have to download additional packages
> for things I used to get in the core package.
>
> I guess this is progress, but I foresee a lot of "what version of plfoo did
> you try to install against your database" posts coming into the lists.

I think you missed a large portion of this thread ... the pls will be part
of our core CVS repository, will be tag'd and branched at the same points
in the development cycle, and will be released at same ... the only
difference is that they will be a standalone download and build, but will
still be:

plphp-8.1.0.tar.gz
pljava-8.1.0.tar.gz
etc

in fact, with how it looks like we'll end up extending it over time, there
will also be a:

jdbc-8.1.0.tar.gz
odbc-8.1.0.tar.gz
libpqxx-8.1.0.tar.gz

all released at the same time, and tag'd the same way, and available under
the same ftp directory ...

----