BUG #1650: Upgraded postgres, problem went away - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Nicholas Vinen
Subject BUG #1650: Upgraded postgres, problem went away
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1650
Logged by:          Nicholas Vinen
Email address:      hb@pg.x256.org
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.2
Operating system:   Gentoo Linux
Details:

8.0.2 is not marked as "stable" in gentoo but after I had the previous date
problem I installed it anyway. Now it does this:

rt3=# SELECT date_trunc('week', timestamp with time zone '2005-01-02
00:00:00-7');
       date_trunc
 2004-12-27 00:00:00-08
(1 row)

That seems more correct. Thank you for fixing. You may close my previous bug
report(s).

Thank you :)  Whoever fixed that saved me having to do it myself.

Nicholas