Re: Pgpool questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Pgpool questions
Date
List pgsql-general
> I have a couple Pgpool questions regarding running pgpool as a load balancer with Sony as the replicator.
>

> Is there anyway to load balance selects to more than 2 servers? ex.  1 master with 2 slaves?  Run multiple instances?

It's on my TODO but will not be a trivial change.

> Is there any way to tell a select (ex. with a function) to go only the master and not the slave?

Pgpool will send any query not starting with "SELECT" or "select" to
the master. So you can insert a white space or a comment, for example
 "/* NO LOAD BALANCE */" at the beginning of the line to prevent the
 query to be sent to the slave.

> Is there any way to tell a select query to only go to the slave?

Set weight_secondary to 0.
--
Tatsuo Ishii