Re: libpq Unicode support? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: libpq Unicode support?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> > We do not support UTF-16 at this time.  Hopefully we will in 8.1.
>
> Oh?  Who's working on it, or even interested?  Was there discussion
> of adding it to TODO?
>
> I think it would be an extremely nontrivial change, which is why
> I am not pleased with making casual promises that it will appear
> soon (or indeed at all).

TODO has:

        o Add support for Unicode

          To fix this, the data needs to be converted to/from UTF16/UTF8
          so the Win32 wcscoll() can be used, and perhaps other functions
          like towupper().  However, UTF8 already works with normal
          locales but provides no ordering or character set classes.