Re: Call to build-in operator from new operator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Call to build-in operator from new operator
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 02:39:52PM +0200, kim@billes.dk wrote:

> I'm trying to develop a new operator for PostGreSQL (actually for TelegraphCQ, which
> is an extension of PSQL). Part of the operator's procedure is the @-operator. So now
> my question is: How do I call the on_pb function from inside my own function?.

You could use DirectFunctionCall2().  See src/backend/utils/adt/geo_ops.c
for examples: the source for close_pb() has a call to on_pb().

> Further, is there a way to access data in tables in the database other than those
> given as arguments to the function? And how?

See the "Server Programming Interface" chapter in the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/spi.html

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/