Re: managing kernel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dino Vliet
Subject Re: managing kernel
Date
List pgsql-general
OK,
I have RTFM:-)
SHMALL    Total amount of shared memory available (bytes
or pages)    if bytes, same as SHMMAX; if pages,
ceil(SHMMAX/PAGE_SIZE)

These values should be the same. I've changed that
now.

Still my second question is valid though. Are there
any other values I should consider changing in order
to boost performance.
I'm using postgresql 7.4.

Brgds
Dino