Re: Installing PostgreSQL in Debian - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephane Bortzmeyer
Subject Re: Installing PostgreSQL in Debian
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:48:59PM -0700,
 erico <ericobr@click21.com.br> wrote
 a message of 112 lines which said:

> Lendo Lista de Pacotes... Pronto
> Construindo Árvore de Dependências... Pronto

Before posting on an english-speaking mailing list, I suggest to set
your locale to C... ("export LC_MESSAGES=C" for instance)

> /tmp/postgresql.config.26871: line 12: Acquire: command not found

A mix between apt.conf or apt.conf.d and sources.list? Acquire is not
in Postgres sources so the error seems to be specific to your system
and not PostgreSQL-related. Show us these files.

Also, you mix "backports for stable" and "testing" in your sources.list
which is very surprising.