Re: Interactive docs idea - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Interactive docs idea
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:39:11PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:

> I think the idea of moderating the comments is inherently flawed. You can
> either have the deliberate, planned documentation without the comments, or you
> can have the wild-west style comments system, but trying to have it both ways
> is impossible. It just leads to the current situation where the comments are
> moribund.

What do you mean, moribund?  What happens is that at each release Tom
gets the comments and integrate whatever of value into the main text
body.  The rest are deleted.

That's the way it should be IMHO.

"I dream about dreams about dreams", sang the nightingale
under the pale moon (Sandman)