Re: psql vs perl prepared inserts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: psql vs perl prepared inserts
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 09:57:09AM -0400, Matt Van Mater wrote:

> Also, I forgot to mention earlier that I tried using transactions to
> speed things up, but since I expect to see certain inserts fail I
> would need to rework my code so the whole transaction doesn't fail if
> one insert goes bad.  This is somewhat contrary to the purpose of
> transactions so I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Try the pgloader project at pgfoundry.  It tries to insert all rows
using COPY and the rejected ones go to a file, using something akin to
binary search.  It may be of some use.  I haven't tried it so I'm not
sure of its maturity.  Let us know how it goes if you try it!

"And as an added bonus, now my computer goes to the toilet for me, leaving me
free to spend time on more useful activities! yay slug codefests!" (C. Parker)