Re: Mysql to postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Mysql to postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 03:02:01AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think you could probably also do it by building a locale whose
> comparisons are case-insensitive, but I don't know enough about
> locales to be sure.

FWIW, this is how old versions of Sybase handled case insensitivity.
Pretty much every other database I've worked on though, you want to go
the lower()/lcase() route.

citext is interesting; I'll have to look into that for
stats.distributed.net. Another example of how incredibly extensible
PostgreSQL is.