Re: Problem Postgres importation of sql file - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Problem Postgres importation of sql file
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 13:06:15 +0000,
  Kelly Kane <kellykann_1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using PgAdminIII for postgres and the software I used to create tables
> is called "DB Designer" but the sql file generated doesn't work with
> postgres if I try to import from this file, it makes errors (for example
> unsigned, or auto-incrément don't exist in Postrgeres compared to mysql).

If you like the tool you are using, then postprocessing the generated script
might be a good solution for you.

It shouldn't be too hard to write a script in perl (or some other scripting
language) that substitutes keywords that are roughly equivalent in postgres
for the ones that don't work.