Re: : Postgres order by into a RECORD, not ordering - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: : Postgres order by into a RECORD, not ordering
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:36:53PM +0200, Shaun Clements wrote:

> RESOLVED.
>
> It must be a bug in 7.3

Before reaching that conclusion, let's see what you were doing.

> I resolved the problem, by changing the FOR IN statement to FOR IN EXECUTE.
> By changing the Statement into a string, it accommodated for the ORDER BY.

Could you post the code that didn't work and the code that does
work?  There might be a better solution than what you did.  In any
case, it's good to understand *why* something doesn't work, so if
you post the code then maybe somebody can explain what's wrong.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/