Re: FW: Help with order by into a RECORD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: FW: Help with order by into a RECORD
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 11:42:35 +0200,
  Shaun Clements <ShaunC@relyant.co.za> wrote:

> I have a questions regarding my order by problem.
> If you index a table, can you query the table using ORDER BY. ?

Whether or not a table is indexed doesn't affect whether or not you can
use ORDER BY. It may affect the performance depending on what you are
doing.

If you are having some specific problem it is probably best to provide
details about it, rather than guess at what might be the problem and
ask here whther or not the guess could be right.