MacSQL connectivity - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Christopher von Nagy
Subject MacSQL connectivity
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi

We have recently installed MacSQL lite (3.03) on a client machine connecting
to version 7.3 and 7.4 postgresql servers. On both the connection usually
drops several seconds after initiating a query and usually leaves the query
running for a while. On our older 7.3 server, the query hangs and a manual
kill usually causes the server to restart. Not very desirable behavior. Has
anyone experienced connectivity issues with this client, and, more
importantly, is there a work around? The failure of the client when connected
to our 7.4 server (with SSL support installed) is accompanied by an error
message:
SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected

and the 7.3 server reports
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection,

but I imagine these errors merely reflect the failure of the client.

If it matters, connections to the 7.3 server are local within our ethernet and
those to the 7.4 server traverse a firewall proxy server. If anyone has any
ideas, we would greatly appreciate any hints. These problems are
MacSQL-specific.

Best,

Chris

--
  Christopher von Nagy, Ph.D.  Desert Research Institute