Re: when using a bound cursor, error found... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: when using a bound cursor, error found...
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 08:49:49PM +0900, ?????? wrote:
> I 'll use a bound cursor with parameters.
> But when I use such a cursor, I found a error.
> I don't know error message.

It's usually a good idea to post the error message.  In most cases
it should say what's wrong, or at least where something's wrong.

> DECLARE
>   p_param1                        VARCHAR;
>   p_param1                        VARCHAR;

You've declared the same variable twice; the second declaration
should be p_param2.

>        OPEN cur_test(p_param2);
>
>        for rec_test in cur_test loop

I don't think you can iterate over a cursor this way.  Rather than
use an explicit cursor, why not use "FOR rec_test IN SELECT ..."?
FOR loops automatically use cursors so you don't have to open one
yourself.  But if you want to use a cursor then you could do
something like this:
 OPEN cur_test(p_param2);
 LOOP     FETCH cur_test INTO rec_test;     EXIT WHEN NOT FOUND;     -- rest of code END LOOP;
 CLOSE cur_test;

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/