Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix two bugs in change_owner_recurse_to_sequences: it was - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix two bugs in change_owner_recurse_to_sequences: it was
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 01:35:20AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
> > Should we perhaps also propagate grant insert on a table to grant
> > select, update on dependent serial sequences?
>
> Doesn't really follow.  That code is maintaining an invariant: the owner
> of a table owns the associated indexes, toast table, sequences, etc.
> There's no system-wide assumption that sequence privileges track table
> privileges.

I brought this up a few months ago.  Tom, weren't your objections
based more on implementation concerns than on whether the idea
itself had merit?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-10/msg00511.php

--
Michael Fuhr