Re: TSearch2 FreeBSD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: TSearch2 FreeBSD
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:18:27PM -0500, Matthew Terenzio wrote:

> Anyone with any TSearch2 experience on FreeBSD? Any known Gotchas?
> Postgres 7.3

I use tsearch2 with PostgreSQL 8.0.1 (built from CVS source) on
FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE.  No problems.

> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/lib/postgresql/tsearch2.so failed:
> dlopen '/usr/local/lib/postgresql/tsearch2.so' failed.
> (/usr/local/lib/postgresql/tsearch2.so: Undefined symbol
> "errcode_for_file_access")

I don't think the stock tsearch2 works with 7.3.  The CVS tree for
REL7_3_STABLE doesn't include tsearch2, and the tsearch2 source
code in later branches includes a call to errcode_for_file_access(),
which appears to have been introduced in 7.4.

There appears to be a version of tsearch2 for 7.3 on the tsearch2
home page:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/

Is there a reason you're using PostgreSQL 7.3 instead of upgrading
to a newer release?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/