Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:26:24PM +0200, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> On P, 2005-03-20 at 00:52 +0100, PFC wrote:

> >     Also note the possibility to mark a partition READ ONLY. Or even a table.

> Would we still need regular VACUUMing of read-only table to avoid
> OID-wraparound ?

You could VACUUM FREEZE the table or partition, so you wouldn't need to
vacuum it again.

"Someone said that it is at least an order of magnitude more work to do
production software than a prototype. I think he is wrong by at least
an order of magnitude."                              (Brian Kernighan)