Re: plpython function problem workaround - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: plpython function problem workaround
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 06:03:01PM +0100, Marco Colombo wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Michael Fuhr wrote:
>
> >I'll postpone commenting on the rest until we find out how the
> >example programs run on Windows.  If nobody follows up here then
> >maybe I'll wander over to comp.lang.python.
>
> Yeah, there's no point in discussing until we have some real world
> data. I can't compile on windows, so I'll have to wait someone else
> to do that. I'm basing my opinions on Python documentation only.

Paul Moore has run some tests on a Windows server.  I don't see his
message in the archives yet, but when it shows up it should be a
followup to my request for his help (posted in another thread):

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-03/msg00717.php

Paul's tests on Windows show the same results as tests on *nix,
viz., that lines in embedded Python need to end in LF, not CRLF.

Thanks to Paul for running the tests.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/