Re: Types of OSS Projects, review requested - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Types of OSS Projects, review requested
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 14 March 2005 11:59, you wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > 1. You might want to add in that some monarchist style projects are also
> > refer to as "benevolent dictatorships" since monarchist tends to have a
> > more negative image associated with it.
>
> Really?   I picked the word "Monarchist" because it was the most neutral
> term in English I could come up with.   The other possibilites:
> "Dictatorship", "High Priest", "Aristocracy" all had much more negative
> associations.
>
> What do other people think about this.

Looks like I futzed up the cc to advocacy again... hey all , what do folks
think about this?  I just can't think of any monarchy that people think
highly of (maybe monaco) but also monarchy seems to imply that control stays
within the family... with a dictatorship the torch can be passed to a
favorable replacement... anyone have a better wording?

--
Robert Treat