Table like a field - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From lucas@presserv.org
Subject Table like a field
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello.
Is there any way to build a table that contain the coluns name for the other
table fields? like this:
create table people(id serial primary key, name varchar(50) );create table people_fields ( field_name varchar(30)
);insertinto people_fields values ('occupation');insert into people_fields values ('address');

then I create any function or view to get:SELECT * FROM people; //may return
id - name - | ocuppation - address |
Then if I insert a new record in the people_fields table, the new record will
appear as a new field in the people table.Of course, its not a new field, but when i select by my function/view i can
see
anything like it.
How can I create this function to aggregate the both tables??

Thank you.