Re: lfcr with plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: lfcr with plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 03:12:23PM -0700, Derrick Betts wrote:

> It doesn't seem to be working that way, however.  This is the code that
> writes the string:
>
> Body := \'Hello \'||agentnm||\',\n\';
>  Body := Body || \'This is a reminder for you to make contact with
> \'||fname||\' \'||lname||\'.\n\';
>  Body := Body || \'The time to make contact was \'||remtime||\'\n\n\';
>  Body := Body || \'Thanks,\n\';
>  Body := Body || \'The reminder system\';
>
> And this is the result in the email that I receive:
>
> Hello Derrick Betts, This is a reminder for you to make contact with Tom
> Jones. The time to make contact was 2005-03-09 13:25:00 Thanks, The
> reminder system

How are you sending and reading the mail?  I pasted your code into
a PL/pgSQL function that calls a PL/Perl function that sends email,
and it worked in my mail reader (i.e., the received message had
line breaks where the original message had \n characters).

Could you post a simple but complete example?  Something we could
copy into an empty database that would duplicate your results.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/