simple update from select ?? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary Stainburn
Subject simple update from select ??
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi folks

I've got a table of pieces of equipment.
One piece of equipment may be owned by another piece of equipment, and
may own multiple other pieces.

To hold the relationship I have a piece_pieces table holding the owner
(pp_id) part id and the owned part ids (pp_part).

I'v realised I can store this within the original table so I've added an
owner attribute.  I need to now populate this now from the other table,
but I can't work out how.

I've got  pieces table

p_id        -- part id
p_owner    -- new owner attribute