Re: Postgres performance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mauro Bertoli
Subject Re: Postgres performance
Date
List pgsql-sql
> > Yes, you are rigth... my insert/update are very
> simple
> > and without problems and so I think to use
> 'foreign
> > key' coded to make faster/simpler the management
> and
> > don't overloading the db (and use exception code
> > management )... but I had a problem with pgSQL
> because
> > server was very busy and the same query was
> replicate
> > (because users refresh the page... :( ) so now
> I've
> > foreign keys...
>
>     It's a typical case, program being stopped between
> insertion of parent
> and child row. Although in this case FK's is not the
> solution,
> transactions are.
I insert a tuple (in the table answers) if the key
'iduser->idquestion' don't exists but when the key
exists I update the value; this is coded in php
because I have thought that otherwise I must use
functions... there's no parent/child rows... how can I
use transactions here?

Mauro

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
http://it.messenger.yahoo.it