PL/Perl trusted throws error on example function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Finner
Subject PL/Perl trusted throws error on example function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I tried to test plperl and got the following error with the very first
example from chapter 37:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION perlmax(integer,integer)
RETURNS integer AS $$
if ($_[0] > $_[1]) { return $_[0]; } return $_[1];
$$ LANGUAGE plperl;

--
error from Perl function: trusted Perl functions disabled - please
upgrade Perl Safe module to version 2.09 or later at (eval 4) line 1.

PostgreSQL is 8.0.1, System is SuSE 9.2 (64 bit) on AMD64. Perl Safe
module says, it__s version 2.11, which seems to be the latest release on
CPAN.

plperl is installed as "trusted". If I install it as plperlu
"untrusted", the example above works correctly.

What is so bad with this function that I only can run it untrusted?

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Finner

Invenius - Lösungen mit Linux
Köpfchenstraße 36
57072 Siegen
Telefon: 0271 231 8606    Mail: frank.finner@invenius.de
Telefax: 0271 231 8608    Web:  http://www.invenius.de
Key fingerprint = 90DF FF40 582E 6D6B BADF  6E6A A74E 67E4 E788 2651

Attachment