Re: Postgres performance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mauro Bertoli
Subject Re: Postgres performance
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Richard, thank you for your apreciated answers!!!
- start quote -Well, do you care whether your data is consistent ornot? If not, you don't need transactions.
- end quote -
I don't require transaction because the query aren't
complex and update a single tuple (in SELECT
transactions are useless)

- start quote -You'll find inserts/updates with lots of users iswhere PostgreSQL works well compared to other systems.
- end quote -
Uhhmm.. this is interesting...

- tutorial links -
Thx, now I read it and test an hardware tuned
configuration... I read that is not very simple... :O

Another question:
- why postgres release aren't already configured
(hardware tuning)? isn't possible configure it during
installation?
- why postgres use a new process for every query ?
(mySQL, if I'm not wrong, use threads... I think its
faster)
- why connection time is slower? (compared to mySQL)?
- why postgres require analyze? (mySQL, if I'm not
wrong, don't require it)
Yours answers will be very apreciated! Thx

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
http://it.messenger.yahoo.it