Re: cursor already in use error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: cursor already in use error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:21:44AM +0200, Sim Zacks wrote:

> PostGreSQL 8.0beta1

That's pretty old.  Have you tried 8.0.1?

> I have a function that uses a cursor and it is giving me the error: cursor
> "crsr" already in use when the parameters I pass in come from another table.
>
> The function works fine when I call it by itself, such as select
> PartNeedsReschedule(100,1) or select * from PartNeedsReschedule(100,1)
> but when I try select PartNeedsReschedule(PartID,1) from Parts then I get
> the error.

Could you post a simple, self-contained example that demonstrates
the problem?  Please show definitions of Parts and PartNeedsReschedule
and some sample data -- enough that somebody could copy what you
post into a test database and duplicate the problem.  It'll be
easier to help if we can see exactly what you're doing.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/