BUG #1507: CREATE RULE commands atomicity - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alexis Wilke
Subject BUG #1507: CREATE RULE commands atomicity
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1507
Logged by:          Alexis Wilke
Email address:      alexis@m2osw.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system:   Linux (not relevant)
Details:

I read the page about CREATE RULE and Chapter 33 which explains the rules
and I couldn't find anything about whether rules are atomically executed
(i.e. is there an implied BEGIN/COMMIT?)

My point here is if I write one INSERT command somewhere which is
transformed by a rule, I'm very likely
not going to write BEGIN + COMMIT since to me it will look like one
instruction and I expect it to be
atomic by itself.

Is that a correct assumption?!

Thank you.