Re: postgres crashing on a seemingly good query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Abhijit Menon-Sen
Subject Re: postgres crashing on a seemingly good query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 2005-02-19 21:38:56 +0530, ams@oryx.com wrote:

> a valid query.

A couple of things I forgot to mention:

1. I turned the logging all the way up and I've uploaded the messages  from the crashing backend to
<http://wiw.org/~ams/crash.log> (Only the messages logged after it received the last query.)

2. It isn't obviously something my application is doing wrong, since the  "insert into ... select where not exists
(...)"style of query does  work for me in other places (albeit simpler queries). Furthermore,  if I change the query to
asimple "insert into bodyparts ...", it  works fine, so it's not bogus parameter data or anything that's  causing the
problem.
  (Of course, the server probably shouldn't crash even if it were.)

-- ams