Re: trrouble inserting stuff like é - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aarni Ruuhimäki
Subject Re: trrouble inserting stuff like é
Date
RE: [SQL] trrouble inserting stuff like é  ("Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin@wazagua.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I use LATIN1 encoding and it works fine with accented characters. So try
creating your db with -E LATIN1 switch. Or even initdb -E LATIN1 if you wan't
your dbs default to that.

Best regards,

Aarni

On Friday 18 February 2005 16:59, you wrote:
> I wrote a program to read my database (from MSSQL) and write it to
> Postgres. It appeared to work great the first time I ran it, but the
> database was SQL_ASCII (It defaulted to this when I created it from the
> command line on the linux box using createdb.
>
> When I tried to restore it I used PGAdmin on my XP machine which created a
> Unicode database.
> I was unable to restore the SQL_ASCII to the Unicode, so I re-ran my import
> on a Unicode database.
> Now I get all kinds of errors from the .net program (which I have write out
> the actual SQL on each error).
> When I cut and paste the SQL into PGADMIN it runs ok, so it only gives an
> error using .net ODBC.
>
> Any one have any clues for me to follow?
>
> Here is an example of a SQL line that did not run in .net.
>
> insert into
> tblSuspectedActivity(ClientNum,ID,Value,IsDeleted,PresentationID)
> values('FREN',4,'Paiement à
> account',False,2)
>
> Joel Fradkin

This is a bugfree broadcast to you