Re: Cleanup for gettext() calls - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Cleanup for gettext() calls
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> It also adds some missing gettext usage, particularly in src/port and
> interfaces/ecpg.

ecpg has no translation support, so that would be pretty pointless.

> I found that perl also defines _(x) so I undefined this in plperl.

That kind of thing was the reason that it wasn't defined globally.

> Also, what is gettext_noop(x) used for?

It marks strings for translation for the purpose of xgettext but does
not call gettext because it would not be valid program code at that
place.

--
Peter Eisentraut