BUG #1480: A wildcard for the listen address doesn't work - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Glen
Subject BUG #1480: A wildcard for the listen address doesn't work
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1480
Logged by:          Glen
Email address:      glen@cert.ucr.edu
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system:   Fedora Core 1
Details:

If I go with this in my postgresql.conf file, then postgresql doesn't listen
on anything but localhost:
listen_addresses = '*'

But if I explicitly list the ips then things work:
listen_addresses = '127.0.0.1,138.23.180.100,10.0.0.100'

Perhaps the problem is the fact that I have more than one network card in
this machine?  Anyway, thought I'd give you guys a heads up.